Thursday, July 2, 2015

Today We Leave For Africa.....


 

My husband, daughter, and I are all leaving for Africa today!  This is the trip of a lifetime, and we are so lucky to have this opportunity!  I promise I will share some pictures when we return.  And it is going to be even more fun since Ann (from Always Quilting) and Gretchen (Judy Niemeyer Certified Instructor in Training) are also going!  Ann's husband is joining us as well.  We will be going on a Safari, visiting a Masai Village, and doing some hiking on Mt. Kilamanjaro! 



We will be seeing many lions.  This project, Endless Love, from designer Toni Whitney is so beautiful, and gives me inspiration for what we are about to experience.  Toni is an artist, and she specifically selects the fabrics for her beautiful applique projects.  I have many favorites from her projects, but right now, Endless Love, is on the top of my list!

This is an art quilt fusible applique.  There is much shading and contouring, and Toni has selected the perfect fabrics to make this project incredibly beautiful.  Click here if you'd like more information about the pattern and kit.  Have you traveled to Africa?  If not, where is your favorite place to travel?  Leave a comment and let us know! 

No comments:

Post a Comment